"Because life is fragile and death inevitable, we must make the most of each day."
President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Poetry to Describe the effects of an Angel

Our Little Angel
By Michael Ryan

Tell me how a baby girl can live so long, but die so soon. Can you tell me how ice blue eyes and a cute belly laugh can draw so many to her? How about how we are so sad that she left, yet feel nothing but pride for her; a sense that she accomplished what she came for?
Alas, it cannot be put into words. You could tell, though, if you could have seen her. I could spend all day listening to her little laugh. When she cried, the whole world tried to make her smile. She pulled people together, our little angel. My sister, I miss you.
I may never know why you were taken from us, but I do know hundreds mourned your death. I saw the seats of the church filled, the walls lined with people, all the way to the entrance hall, every one of them, people you’ve touched, our little Angel. My sister, we miss you.
I cherished our time with you, but I took it for granted. I never knew you, so innocent and loving, would be taken from us. Your loss left its scars, but your memory gives us life, our little angel. My sister, we love you.

-Dedicated with love to my little sister, Aslyn Paige Tallulah Ryan
February 1, 2003- February 7, 2004
She was loved, and greatly missed.

No comments: