"Because life is fragile and death inevitable, we must make the most of each day."
President Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, July 17, 2008


All right...I am now asking your opinion because I opened an envelope today and started bawling. This doesn't happen very often...but today it most certainly hit me like a ton of bricks.

Phoenix Children's Hospital is having a "We Remember Them" Memorial Service for all of the children that passed away at the hospital during 2007. They want us to send in a picture, and do a scrapbook page for Amberlee...as well as attend. The ceremony is supposed to promote peace and comfort.

So I am not sure...my thoughts are scattered here. I am afraid that seeing all those parents that lost children might be overwhelming...and most of them will be crying...I just don't know if this is the best thing. Maybe it will help to know that we are not alone. The hospital has done many things to ease our loss, and I am sure that this will be nothing short of amazing...I am afraid to go though. It might be healing...it might be an experience I shouldn't go without. What do you think?

Please comment and let me know what you think, and if you are courageous enough, why you think it.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We lost our daughter in 2010. We go every year. Not sure why we go because its very sad but we do. I guess for me its to feel something even if its sadness its some way of staying connected to my daughter.

Rob