"Because life is fragile and death inevitable, we must make the most of each day."
President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Don't Believe Everything You Read, haha

This weekend we surrounded ourselves with friends/family to distract us from sadness and to remember life, with happiness. Although we miss Amberlee dearly...we call the day she left us as her "Heaven Day"...and we really wanted to celebrate the fact that she is in Heaven rather than mourn her loss, after all her spirit lives on. I mentioned previously that the books that I read said that the 1st Anniversary is the hardest. I am not sure I believe the books I read after experiencing the 1st Anniversary. The week before the 1st Anniversary was terribly difficult, but the actual Anniversary, and the week of were easier. I know there are probably reasons for this, as I felt an amazing comfort surrounding me for that week. It is amazing how the spirit can take hold and bless us when we feel we can take no more.

I am forever grateful to everyone that prayed for us to get through...we could definitely feel the strength in those prayers which gave us strength to make it past the worst year of our lives. Now it is time to move on with fervor and to recreate our family with hope for happiness in the future. I certainly feel blessed.

Beth Malone (a friend that lost a baby many years ago) mentioned to me after Amberlee died, that I would see blessings from her death. At the time I was slightly put off by the comment, I could not imagine ever seeing blessings from something so horrible. This past year I have learned so much through loss. I know for sure that Christ is there for us, and now I can understand what he sacraficed and suffered for us because he has born my pain. There are many other blessings that I will not get into right now, but please know that I have learned to be there for my friends through their pain. If ever, any of you need me, call, and I will be there no matter what.

I love you all.
Thanks for helping me through.

No comments: